Thursday, November 14, 2013

Negative Painting

The style of painting negative spaces (everything around an object) instead of the positive objects themselves is a method I have been working on lately.  It is an exciting way to paint, but requires several layers of pigment to build up a background.  I found this awesome video this morning that shows negative painting in more detail than I could describe to you.  Click VIDEO  to see how one artist paints negative leaf shapes.  If you happen to see this box at the beginning of the video, just click the x box in the corner to remove it.


Do not click either of the blue or red buttons, because it will take you to a download site and you do not need their software to view the video! 
The artist has music playing in the background and uses inserts to describe what he is doing, so you may want to review the video again to be able to read his instructions, or simply enjoy the relaxing music he selected. 

5 comments:

  1. This piece of writing is really a pleasant one it assists
    new web viewers, who are wishing for blogging.1

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really inspired together with your writing talents as well as with
    the structure on your weblog. Is that this a paid subject matter or
    did you customize it yourself? Either way stay up the excellent
    high quality writing, it's uncommon to peer a nice
    blog like this one these days..2

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of my personal blogs. I don't make money off of it. I'm just sharing my love of art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watched the negative painting video and was so impressed with the artist and the control he has over his brush. Amazing work. Thanks for the link, Cindy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's nearly impossible to find educated people in this particular subject, but you seem like you know what you're talking about!
    Thanks

    My web site :: product review

    ReplyDelete